10X10 Show is ON! Open to all of Us. Submissions due: Sept 22, 2018

I finally picked up my 10x10 board. If I’m lucky I’ll have it done Monday. yea!

3 Likes

The race is on…will anyone beat you to lay claim to “First to Turn In”?

2 Likes

@heyheymama Add me to the list! If there are still back boards available, I would like one.

1 Like

2 questions. 1-Are the boards going to have a flat panel to act as a shelf (think L shape)? My submission will need a small shelf lip, which I can build if needed. 2- Is adding that feature plausible or within the rules? Otherwise I need to get really creative with how I affix my item.

The 4" thickness limit will be your constraint.

4" deep.
Shelf features definitely OK.
Last year we had a history of vacuum tube submission (one of my faves). It had a ledge for the tube collection.
Another year, we had the effect of 3D scanning and 3D printing a toy dino, over and over (another fave). It had a ledge for the dinos.

You don’t have to use the courtesy board, which is 1/2" thick.
Use a thinner material of your choice.

1 Like

In fact, it doesn’t even have to be on a board. It just needs to be within the 10 x 10 x 4" envelope. One year I made a quilt. It could be a mesh of wires. Or anything … doesn’t need a board.

5 Likes

She’s right. ^^^

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies! My item will be 3 inches, so add to the .5 inch board thickness and we’re still good. Just wanted to make sure I could make a shelf so it doesn’t fly away.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard! I’ve added you to the list, the Team_10x10 Talk group, and to our private thread 10x10 Makers…or “news you can use”. The top post aggregates all the updates (i.e. keeps you in the know) and gives you the treasure map to the courtesy boards.

Happy Making!

10x10 glass flat fuse 2 classes will be on the calendar. Sign up for this project class and see how fun art glass!

3 Likes

@heyheymama
I would like to advance sign up. Can we take a 10x10 from the CA room?

-Scav

I’ll donate $5 for the 10x10

Whoa! How do you like being #60?
I’ve added you to the @ Team_10x10 group and invited you to our private thread where we give up the Top Secret Location of the boards. (See top post). If you can’t find one, just PM me.

No donation needed. Courtesy (free) to early entrants. Helps us plan the hanging part. Very grateful. It was @Kriskat30’s idea.

1 Like

@heyheymama Is there still time to sign up? I’d love to participate this year. I’ll be there for most of the afternoon tomorrow taking some classes and working on other projects.

Jen Emes

Thank you for the add, I donated $5 to CA regardless for going through the trouble of making the 10x10’s. I’ll follow up on the 10x10 group.

1 Like

Not too late, Jen. It’ll be fun. You’ll really enjoy the challenge.
I’ve added you to the @ Team_10x10 group and invited you to our private thread where we give up the Top Secret Location of the boards. (See top post for that thread). Happy Making!

1 Like

woohoo! Thanks!

1 Like