10-2pm Saturday December 14, 2019! - KidsQuest 2.0 Grand ReOpening - DMS Guests of Honor

Hey guys,

The reopening of the most loved kids park in the city KidsQuest 2.0 is this Saturday 10am-2pm
Free lunch and festivities will be provided.
Should be a blast.
There were around 500 people just for the closing in anticipation of the reopening.
We expect a lot of people, fun, & festivities.

On a side note there will be TV and news press releases I believe and having DMS mentioned in there is great PR for the space. Let’s show some love for the city, kids & DMS. The city has graciously extended us a table as a guests of honor.

We can also build stuff on the spot, play, install pickets, shine our brass plaque & just tell people what we do.

1625 Gross Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149

@Team_Moderators Can yall pin this through Saturday

The city wrote a thank you to us and installed the first 4 pickets for DMS & our Brass plaque already and says hi to everyone btw.

10 Likes

Very cool stuff Kevin!

Here is the city’s event info as well

2 Likes

Be sure to grab some trifolds and stickers before you go.

1 Like

Will do.
IDK if I can fit the table and chairs in my car though.
Is anyone from PR coming?
@apparently_weird

PR right now is only JJ and myself (although we would love more volunteers!!) Unfortunately I will be in a meeting at dms and JJ has outside plans.

Kevin, unfortunately I can not help man this booth like I have other PR endeavors, but I could help transport a table and chairs on my way out of town. What time is set up if it starts at 10? Setup at 8? Anything else needed?

That would be great, but how do we get stuff back to the space?
Setup at 9:45am I would think is fine.

Table cloth & the popcorn machine we were going to use.
& popcorn consumables?

I got trifolds, business cards, 1 x first responder dye sub thing.
A couple small t-shirts for prizes if thats OK?

Also if anyone likes to face paint, dress up as clowns or make balloon animals that sort of thing bring it on

1 Like

Couldnt find the stickers.
Any idea where they are?

Will you be at the space tonight? They are in the finance room but I can grab them for you if you are there tonight or leave them for you in dm.

Yes I’ll be there starting within a couple hours

@Kevin

Thank you so much for engaging the city of Garland on behalf of the MakerSpace. You have put so much work into this, and shined a wonderfully bright light on our space.

Thank you!

3 Likes

@apparently_weird and @Kevin how big is the table? I may be able to put it in the back seat of my car if it’s one of those fold in half card tables.

2 Likes

Come on down guys

1 Like

Mesquite…Garland. Close enough :wink:

1 Like