Yarn Ball Winder Missing

Anyone know where the yarn ball winder is? I normally see it in the fiber arts cabinet, but can’t find it for the life of me now.

It has often migrated between top shelf nested in the rigid heddle loom, and second shelf down on the left side of the drum carder.

When I was in it the other night, I don’t remember seeing it in the top shelf the other night and didn’t note either way about other location…hm.

I’d also look around the room and see if it was left attached or sitting somewhere. Shocking that someone wouldn’t put something up, I know. But worth looking. :expressionless:

Also look in the cubbies where people tend to put “I’m trying to tidy but no clue what this widget is or where it goes so I’ll stick it here”

Also look in sewing cabinet. Our things go visit there fairly regularly. Much like sewing visits us. Reciprocal migration patterns.

Lemme know if you find it or not. I’ll check on Tuesday when we’re there for the fiber frolic. If it’s truly gone on walkabout we definitely need one and might need to replace. The current one still had good miles in it so hopefully it reappears.

Although I’ve seen some uncommon uses for various tools around the space between borrowing from committees areas, I can’t imagine the ball winder being useful elsewhere. If it is, I’m super curious and wanna see that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Please keep us updated if it’s found @BarkingChicken FYI

Hey all! I found it halfway down the bin of member use yarn. I made my ball and put the winder back in the cabinet. Thanks for the help!
…though now I’m determined to think of some random alternate use for it in the makerspace :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Awesome, thx!

(And wow, way for someone to bury it…seriously, ANYWHERE in cabinet better than being buried in the middle of a bin on top of the cabinets, folks…)

Re creative uses
snort ha. Me too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes