What SIG's (special interest groups) meet ups/ groups do we have at the space?

I’m trying to get some information ready for the October 20th meeting currently I have down:

Current SIGS:
Sewing
Fiber Arts
Leather
Cosplay
Vinyl
Dye Sublimation
Wood Turners
Cosplay
Training and Development

Unknown SIGs:
Astronomy
Curriculum Development
Beekeeping
Lemons Racing (SIG or meetup)

Groups:
Finance
PR
Infrastructure
Logistics

Meetups:
Philosophy
D&D
Robotics Builders Night Out
Anime
Strandbeest

1 Like

Knife making might be under unknown? Don’t know if it’s actually disbanded or not

Photography SIG, under Digital Media.

2 Likes

Who would be a contact for that?

Ok who’s the contact?

“Group” only applicable to Finance. Others are still committees.

2 Likes

David Ianni hosts them, but as far as I can tell he doesn’t really use talk (they gather on FB)

So that makes Kurt @Nagyk the de-facto contact!

1 Like

I believe @EthanWestern may know but I can’t remember who was actually heading it up, which probably means it’s crossed through the veil

Yes the knife making SIG didn’t have anyone wanting to lead it, so to my knowledge there has not been more then one meeting

Woodturner’s SIG - next meetup tentatively Oct. 14th…contact me or John Gorman…

What’s great about SIGs is that anyone can come in and pick up where someone else left off if they feel like taking the initiative and putting dates on the calendar.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Interest_Groups

I guess I’m looking to see what’s active.

As @tombakerftw stated, @David_Ianni normally hosts all the monthly meetups but not sure how active he is on Talk. I can be a backup contact. Alternatively we also have our FB group “MakersofPhotos”

1 Like

Well, our Robotics Interest Group is fairly active. We are the ones in Science working with the Robotic Arms.

Philosophy was started by Colin McGinn on Sept 30,2015. WOW has it been going on that long? Colin’s talk handle is @Puzzlerf, which doesn’t seem to work now. No one other than Colin has had the courage to lead the Philosophy meetups.

Russell Ward

Machine shop has voted on a plastics interest group (the PigSig!), but it won’t go live until after the expansion.

1 Like

Gotta have the shirt:

Dallas Makerspace
… … …PIG

Amateur Radio.

1 Like

If the AR SIG isn’t currently active I would like to know what I can do to help reestablish it.

Also I would like to see what it would take to establish a Mycology SIG. I am still a kind of a noob at DMS, so I’m not sure how to go about it.

1 Like