TFB's guide to building a suppressor (yes, you have to file a form 1)

TFB has posted a guide to building your own suppressor, still restricted, but very cool.

1 Like

Oh, here goes the entertainment!

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Personally I’m a fan of a threaded adaptor with one end fitting a common spin-on oil filter and the other miraculously fitting the threads on a barrel.

1 Like

Great idea! That way the government can charge everyone in the US a $250 for a Class A tax stamp on every car they own!

actually there is a company that makes an adapter for that and it works for 22lr, you just have to register the adapter, not the oil filter.

2 Likes
1 Like

Did you hear the sound echoing off of the trees?

i think that’s due to the use of supersonic ammo instead of subsonic, but i could be wrong.

Lol. Only going to need a high range rings to see over the can. Lol

1 Like

I actually have 2 of these that I bought off of ebay, they work great for cleaning your guns. And no I haven’t shot through them yet, and the ATF ruling said that each oil filter has to have an individual tax stamp and serial. The adapters are cheap on amazon too.

$125 since it’s only half of the suppressor.

1 Like

Think twice before buying one of the oil filter adapters. The ATF has been cracking down on them recently, and charging people with threaded barrels, an adapter and unused oil filters with “Constructive Possession” of an NFA weapon.

Do your paperwork FIRST, get your stamp(s), then buy the parts… especially if you are planning a multi-stamp weapon. (ie: short barreled rifle with suppressor.)

yeah, the idea of using an oil can doesn’t really appeal to me.
Machining an effective suppressor out of TI steel and aluminum does, but the paperwork should definitely be done first.