Take Root! A Science Committee Potluck

Friends, foragers, botanists, aquaponics aficionados, mycologists, friars, urban farmers, guerrilla gardeners!

We’ve had some reorganization in the lab area and it is high time we had a meet-and-greet. I want us to put some faces with names and rub grubby elbows to grubby elbows! Wash your loam-stained hands and get your bacteria-lovin’ asses to the Bio Area at the Dallas Makerspace for some food and fun.

Show and Tell: What are you into? Bring that belly-fire with you!

Potluck: I’m going to make a lot of food. I am a great cook. You want this. Add your own flavor to the mix.

BYOB: There will be drank. What is not to love?

I can’t wait to meet you mad scientists!

RSVP for the event on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/events/420601854778355/

4 Likes

So is this limited to BIO work only or the entire science committee can attend?

Thanks, Heather! I hope I can make it!

@ke5bud If you are interested in Science Committee, please attend. We need to gather everybody.

Would someone also try to keep track of who attends? I’ll do if I’m there.

2 Likes

I can if you don’t make it.

1 Like

This sounds like a lot of fun, I’ll totally be there! It’ll be a good excuse to finally break into the last of my homemade pickles (can’t start a new batch till the old ones are gone!).

1 Like

Come for the coffee; stay for the beer!

(Lord, I love coffee so much. MY BODY IS READY FOR THIS CLASS)

1 Like

Sweet niple chips this sounds Like fun let me know if you need help with anything

I’m too excited to spell nipple correctly

GUYS! GUYS! I doodled us a placeholder logo.

Consider our little nook officially “brand-identitied”.

I’m just making things up now. :mushroom:

Also, Julio, your nipple enthusiasm is welcome. We won’t judge.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic, Heather! I really like that logo!

Tonight is the night, right? About three hours to go!

1 Like

If there is any beer left in the keg that I dropped off for the art show last night, feel free to have at it tonight.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the beer keg donation! And speaking of brewer donations: SPENT GRAINS BREAD! That’s right! The bag of grains you sent me home with is now bread. (Pics to follow)

Also, I might be late! (I am often late). If you show up to the lab area and it seems quiet, I’m probably JUST about to show up. Bother the Vector guys. They’re cool.

I DID come and sweep/scrubbed tables with 409 an hour ago, so everything -IS- food ready.

1 Like

Well, the keg was emptied last night, and I just packed it up in my car. Guess that means it was atleast drinkable.

There might be some of the beer brewed at the space showing up tonighy though.

1 Like

You should be here!

2 Likes

Our first Science Committee Potluck was a great success! Thanks, Heather, for getting the ball rolling, and to everyone who pitched in to help make this a success. The attendance list has nineteen names. I shot a photo of just a few of those people as they congregated in the Science Committee space:

1 Like

BTW, I don’t think Heather (and everyone else who cooked) was thanked enough for their excellent food - I really enjoyed the stew!

@CaffeinatedPanda - the brew was much appreciated as well.

@Opcode - thank you for being MC Science Dude at the Potluck.

Best Regards,

JAG “Burning From The Inside-Out” MAN

2 Likes