Shapeoko Class Request

I’m not sure the details on the Shapeoko training, but it was suggested that for smaller works it’s possible the Shapeoko may be more beneficial. So if this is still running, I’d love to take a class on it - I didn’t see any available in the calendar. This way I can sort out best usage in my head of tools to use for my ideas. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested in an opportunity to learn to use the Shapeoko as well.

2 Likes

@jphelps is the usual man for the job. He might already have some classes planned

4 Likes

Interested as well!

1 Like

I’ll get some scheduled.

8 Likes

I’m also interested!

1 Like

I see that there are some classes being offered now. Since the Feb 13th class is full already(!), is there a way to get on an email alert list of some kind?

Thanks!

Sorry – the program isn’t that advanced. You just have to watch the Calendar. You should be able to sort by tool (i.e. Shapeoko) Also, if you don’t see one out there, contact @jphelps directly to ask for another class. Actually, I just remember that somebody else had to teach the last class because Life Happens. Look for the other Shapeoko thread…

It also helps if you step back a bit, and make your new request a “reply” to the last message sent by the person that’s doing classes. That puts a blue dot by the person’s pic when they log in. I personally check all the messages that are replies to me, where I might not randomly read an older thread. I’ve already tagged J., so you don’t have to do it for this current instance.

If interest has indeed picked up perhaps a weekday evening and weekend morning class schedule again makes sense. There is a second instructor online as well now, @Kentamanos!

Who else is interested?

In teaching? I am. But I need to actually use the machine first.