Project/Class Wishlist

totally easy, even something like the wooden ramp… just generic shapes (triangles and circles) in general!

We’ll do the best we can, ma’am. The risk of doing it your way instead of like this for now is someone grumbling that we’re trying to takeover DMS. This works, too.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-battleship-gray-linoleum/

1 Like

LOL ~ Yeah, you wouldn’t want to open a bunch of separate threads that you aren’t ready to discuss. It’s just a reminder for when you do get ready to start on something from the lists that y’all are creating. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well rats. That link shows a preview, but I can’t get it to work. So search (I used google) for “shapeoko linoleum stamp” and you will hopefully be able to get it that way.

i got the general idea from the shapeoko forums! looks like exactly what i need.

My mom does all kinds of pickles and canning of fruits, veggies, jams, and jellies. Too bad we can’t do any cooking at the space. :frowning:

Infused items are fun and easy. I like infusing vodka into pineapple. Not only is the vodka great to drink but the pineapple chunks will get you snookered before you know it.

For cheeses, I LOVE all kinds, except for the soft/runny and the really stinky stuff. Some cheeses you can only take in small doses such as blues and Gorgonzola. I’m wanting to learn how to make cheese and picked up a kit for making mozzarella that I’ll be doing here at home once the Texas Pinball Festival is done and over with. You can pick up kits for making cheddar too. Just add milk.

4 Likes

watermelon does the same as pineapple! i can see pineapple being a much better vessel though.
what about just a class for combining mustard seeds with vinegar or something simple without having to cook? i’m going to dig for rules on this.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t require heat or if it can be done in the microwave I think we can do it.

Now, we get into another problem - ventilation. Making mustard can be a massively eye watering experience from what I’ve seen on Man vs. Food and other TV shows. :slight_smile:

I still want to try making it though!

1 Like

Definitely not.
The Plasma cutters cut metal, not wood.
Unless I’m misunderstanding this question…

Yes, we do. Or at least, we did some months ago. It should be in CA, and @uglyknees or maybe @Photomancer (or any of a number of Nicole’s minions) could probably point you to it.

Ditto on the screen printing equipment.

I don’t think you misunderstood it. The times I’ve played cornhole the game was made out of plywood.

@droo for cutting wood the multicam would be better. Depending on the size you might be able to have it cut most of the required pieces from the same sheet of plywood. Of course many of the other wood working tools would be fine too.

Make a large wood charcuterie board in the shape of Texas

. I’ve done this with maple. Came out well. Will trade you the laser file for knowledge on how you got that garden plot in DE. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve made my own mustard for the last couple of years. It’s really incredible stuff.

You can share the garden plot with me. Paid until next February maybe?

Seriously. It’s a double plot. And I travel so much I can’t always do it justice.

Jiggle this photo around until you see F. It’s the clear spot between two bunches of rye cover crop.

Lettuce, spinach, cilantro and beans from seed right now. Won’t be home to check on it for another week. Send me an email and a name and I’ll put you on the list and give you the gate and shed codes. I’m allowed a couple of co-gardeners.

Call me old-fashioned, but if you have a circular saw, a drill, and a jigsaw, you can build almost anything. :wink: But yes, the Multicam. It’s expensive training @droo, but if we pulled off a group build, I bet someone else would run it.

If this is the favorite thing that comes out of this thread, you could post it as a separate topic and see how many people would be interested. It’s prime corn hole season. I bet you’d have takers. Pricing it out would be easy.

@droo Except there aren’t any color inkjet printers working at the space right now that I know of. No word on if that will change.

@Raymond - we should be able to pickle at the space. Cold pickle, anyway. Ask mom if she has techniques that don’t require a heat bath, and I say we go for it.

And holy cow I wise I could bring back the $9 a quart jars of honey from down here… But still. There are wonderful suppliers I buy from at Farmers Market. Maybe get something going with them?

Yes to cheese making. I was about to order stuff for quark. I’m not sure we could pull it off at the space since we don’t have a decent slop room.

@jast - I thought I saw a post where the laminator bit the dust. @uglyknees will know.

——

I’m done now. I promise I will get the hang of this forum style eventually.

How about a class on the various melons & fruits that can be used as booze sponges ? Sounds like a great time !
injecting vodka into oranges with syringes comes to mind - the good old days…

1 Like

Goes back to needing a sleep-in at the space. :wink:

a bunch of snorting/snoring/farting/ folks “snoozing” at the space would not be my idea of being excellent to others…

1 Like

we have two smaller laminators in the CA room that do a great job. Look for them close to the drawer cabinet about waist height. A box of lamination sheets is located right next to it.

1 Like