Plastic shredding/ recycling machine?

Hello, I just joined up and didn’t see a plastic shredding/ recycling machine? I saw the machine that produces filament but not a machine that produces just raw shredded plastics, like the beads/ flakes?

Like this:

Reason. I’d like to create clear shapes without spending too much resources on resin.

See this thread for some discussion regarding shredding capability.

@nclindberg was the person behind it, as well as instrumental in getting the Filastruder working, and might have some input…

1 Like

I am working on a small one now just waiting for some parts. If you want to use it with the filastuder it will need to be run through a few times. This is just temporary because after we expand we hope to establish a plastics committee that could host the precious plastic machines or similar ones.

2 Likes

Make a tiny wood chipper?

2 Likes

Which brings me to my second question. Are there ovens for plastic baking?
Are there epa / fume concerns regarding this type of stuff?
@nclindberg

From my tons of Youtube it looks like people are getting great results using pyrex trays inside simple toaster ovens or regular kitchen ovens at ~400 F. Nothing too extravagant or intensive, I just don’t want to get the space in trouble if there’s already work being done on licensing for fumes or what have you.

I’m thinking to just make a plain block and shape it after the fact at the moment

1 Like