Recycling Failed Prints

Now that the filastuder is working I would like to start collecting all of our waste prints ans supports so we can make them back into filament. If anyone has a bin or box we could use to collect the prints it could go next to the filastuder. We would also need to keep our old spools. If we want to do this we would need to get a shred strong enough to screed plastic. If anyone is interested in starting this let me know.

3 Likes

I love this idea! This is awesome! We can put wasted prints on the table next to the form2? That’s what I’m going to do atleast untill we get a box.

1 Like

Ill put a bin under the extruder to use to collect failed prints

1 Like

I will put a sign up today above the trash to remind people to not throw their prints away. We will also need to make sure that there is only abs scraps in the bin. The hardest part will be fining a shredder strong enough to shred plastic.

1 Like

I found a shredder that would be perfect for us. I downloaded the free dxf files for the plasma cam. It requires about $200 worth of materials. I wound need someone who can weld and use the plasmacam, if this is something that @Team_3D_Fab would be interested in. ttps://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/build/shredder.html
bill of materials Machines - shredder.pdf (22.4 KB)
00_shredder overview.pdf (152.4 KB)

1 Like