PlasmaCam class was awesome

1 Like

I just updated the training slide deck for the PlasmaCam on the Wiki. This shows more on reference points & how to add a break in your cut.

Also added to the Committee drive.

5 Likes

Your class was awesome. Thanks again for all that you do for DMS and especially the metal shop!

Thank you Tim for teaching such a useful class!

Took the PlasmaCAM class yesterday! I agree … It was an awesome class. Everyone was able to setup the machine and cutout a DMS keychain! Tim (@TBJK) did a great job! Thank you Tim!

5 Likes

Certainly not a problem. I enjoy giving the class.

If someone else would check the Wiki to see if the documentation comes up ok, it would be awesome. I have checked it from my phone with no issues. I was told in yesterday’s class that there was an issue with it loading more than a couple pages.

3 Likes

It comes up with the entire 44 page presentation. It took a couple moments, but no problems.

2 Likes

Thank you Chris. @John_Marlow

1 Like

Feb 2nd class is live. Get 'em while they last!

2 Likes

… and they’re gone! More to come from our two newest instructors @jast and @Adam_Oas!

3 Likes

I was just about to sign up too. Oh well I’ll hold out.

Just submitted a class for the following day. Should show up in 72 hours as the Metalshop needs the funds :slight_smile:

Now live PlasmaCam class for Feb 5th. Yes I know Super Bowl Sunday but I don’t watch that stuff.

3 Likes

Saw it this morning and went so fast I sprained a finger hitting the Enter key to enroll.

2 Likes

You should be able to register for the Thursday, March 2nd class right now (one spot left) and then cancel your RSVP for the Tuesday class. Your class fee for the Tuesday class should be refunded.

1 Like

Looks like that worked for you. One spot left in the Tuesday class now.

1 Like

My next class should be on the calendar in about another 48-50 hours. Sunday March 19th

2 Likes

I took the class this past Monday with Andrew Spencer, and he was a fantastic teacher! Classroom & hands-on training was spot on. I look forward to using this tool more.

2 Likes

Since this was just “liked”, I think I’ll revive it. The glasses I pictured before are not the ones I prefer now.

Based on a Consumer Reports article, these are what I’ll likely be wearing in the metal shop when holding classes and cutting my own projects:

https://www.amazon.com/Uvex-Blocking-Computer-Glasses-SCT-Orange/dp/B000USRG90

They do not have the same dark tint, but you shouldn’t be staring at the arc without a helmet anyway.

1 Like

True dat!

OSHA recommends protective eyewear with a “minimum shade of 8” for plasma arc cutting (in cases where the arc is visible).

Here is a rough idea of what the “shades” look like.

By comparison, and I’m not recommending these, here is a picture of what a shade 7 lens looks like: