Other Makerspace type places in the area

I think we all know about The Lab in Planoc, but what
about other Makerspace type places that are at schools
or libraries or rec center of other places in this ares

I know the Grapevine library has some 3 D printers and maybe a
small laser cutter,

http://www.grapevinetexas.gov/1096/Create-It

Lets get a list together

there were more than a few listed in @uglyknees thread about possibly touring other makerspaces here:
other maker spaces

The Maker Spot at North Richland Hills Library includes: 3d printers, Audio / Visual Equipment, Long Arm Sewing Machine, and Electronics and Wood working area, etc.
https://www.themakerspot.org/

The Panther Lab Makerspace at the Northwest Branch of the Fort Worth Library has 3d printers, 3d scanner, robotics and electornics kits, VR headset, aamera with green screen, etc.

Not in the area, but I’ve toured through and met with the small makerspace in Fayetville Arkansas (got a bunch of pix) and the TXRX group in Houston that is WTF incredible with 50k square feet and more machines than you can shake a stick at.

Richardson Public Library has 3d Printer(s) - bring your own laptop to run your print. (this is all hearsay, I haven’t actually been)

They have a computer hooked up to it, bring your STL, slice it yourself kind of setup as far as I know. No running the print off your laptop.

Source- I service the printer

2 Likes

Plano libraries have 3D printers.

Hey, good to know! The “bring your own laptop” thing was a hazy memory from when they first announced it. Glad they’ve stepped it up!

I don’t have any idea if @uglyknees ever got to the maker space in Rockwall, but I took a look at it about a year ago. It’s not a bad space, but they mainly aim at robotics and host the high school robotics group. I might have joined over there except for a lack of woodworking tools and auto shop.

I did get in contact with them before I thought about focusing on one city at a time. They said they are going to try to make it to the maker meetup in Denton at East Side if they are in town. Nice guy

1 Like