Oculus Rift Kickstarter backer (most recent) for sale

Much appreciation for the feedback on what it would take to get the latest Oculus up and running here Got a new Oculus Rift

But I’ve decided that I don’t have the time to work with it right now, and someone else might have a lot more fun with it than I can at the moment.

Unopened (still in the shipping box)
$800 cash

(Right of refusal to @Shawn_Christian due to previous thread)

Is this a DK1 or DK2?

Neither, it’s the consumer/ consumer-developer? edition that JUST came out.

I also have a DK1.

This is for the one that you can’t really buy at the moment. It’s going on ebay for north of $800… a quick search says $850 to $1000 or so.

I would get a Vive now for myself, but I would love for Digital Media to have a Oculus to do VR development with. Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about Unity 3D or Unreal 4 to teach classes on it, but it would be awesome to have. We would have to have enough interest in VR at the space to justify it.

I’m sure it’s awesome, and I’d love to try it out, but I don’t have the time to work with it and I don’t want to drop the additional money to get a computer set up to use it.

And honestly I could use the money elsewhere.

Sadly I do not have any available funds for purchasing this. Thanks @DanielHooper for the offer but I must pass at the moment. Someday I will get one but it does not look like it will be in the next few months… :frowning2: