Newbie wants to get EM pin running

Just wanting to know if there are any classes or when a space will open up so I can work on my Sherrif pin.

We will have several spots opening up for incoming projects in a few weeks. We are currently preparing games to go to the Texas Pinball Festival from March 22-24. Once we are past the TPF we will have room for several new projects and will have the time to teach pinball repair. Generally this is done one-on-one with someone who has a project game and needs help assessing the condition and issues, ordering needed parts and teaching how the game works and how to repair it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m going to TPF and bring home a DeadPool Premium. But, I still want to find out the condition of my 4 player Sherriff EM.

1 Like

We will get you in a bay and help go over the game and see what parts/repairs are needed and what the issues are. Being an EM pinball it does not usually require much in the way of parts. Mostly just cleaning and adjusting switches, checking for broken or cold solder connections, disassembly and de-greasing and re-lubrication of the score reels and stepper units in the proper spots. Often these get gummed up and the game won’t reset. Parts are plentiful for your Gottlieb Sheriff.

I am normally in Vector most afternoons after work during the week. Feel free to drop by and chat and so I can put a face to the name. :slight_smile:

I have two pinball machines. A Gottlieb “300” (bowling theme) and a Williams High Speed Getaway II. I was fixing them up for sale. Both previously worked for me but they have been in storage for a while.
The Williams seems to have a problem with the high current driver board as it wont fire any higher power solenoids for the flippers or ball launcher. Plus it needs some new rubber pieces. Checked the fuses and loose connections but no joy. I want to sell both of them after fixing them. I have the full repair docs and know where to get most parts.
The Gottlieb just seems to have a scoring issue. Some of the higher digit numbers don’t increment and sometimes it doesn’t switch between multiple users correctly, other than that the rest of the game works great. The scoring is done by rotating number wheels.
I’d be glad to pay someone to help isolate the problems. I have basic tech skills for working on it otherwise.
–Leon

We can assist with those issues. The EM player and scoring issues are fairly common types of issues that are easy to fix once you know what is going on and how to take everything apart and reassemble.

The issue with the High Speed Getaway is probably a little more involved in troubleshooting.

Currently we are all working to get games ready for the Texas Pinball Festival that is happening this Friday-Sunday in Frisco. Vector will have a booth with some games from several DMS members. For more information on the show visit www.TexasPinball.com

Once we get past this weekend we should have some bays open up and can take on several new member projects and have more one-on-one time to assist and teach.

2 Likes

How much would you want for 300? Just worndering

As is now, I am thinking the 300 should be worth $800. There are two on ebay asking $1400 to $2100. Lots of parts available for it on ebay also. Here are links to pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KgexZoo2NUYAF2LE8
It has lots of original documentation, spare parts and keys.

I’ll sell the High Speed Getaway II also. One recently sold on ebay for around $4000. I would sell mine as is for $2000. I’ll be glad to post pictures if anyone is interested in it.

–Leon

I want a class on EM pinning … otherwise known as Flux Pinning

Hi Shawn,

Let me know what I need to do about working with someone to fix my pinball machines.