Mylar transparency film

Continuing the discussion from Electronics Lab update:

Does anyone know if we have some transparency film like this sitting around in CA? Thanks!

(edit: 4 mil or .004 inch is the thickness I’m shooting for)

I have kapton sheet that may or may not work for you. It’s intended to insulate heated 3D printer beds from the ooey gooey print.

Is it sticky on one side? I’m using it for a solder paste stencil (see link to YouTube in Electronics), so that won’t work. Thanks in any case!

There are a few laser copy overhead sheets in a box in CA. As you walk into the room, there’s a bank of wood cubbies on the opposite wall - they are 2 or 3 down on the far left. You mentioned circuit board, so maybe the 8 1/2 x 11 size won’t be too small if the thickness is usable. Otherwise, I’ve not run across anything similar, and I’ve learned the room pretty well over the last few weeks.

1 Like

Do you wont non Shictky ?
I have rolls of mylar/polyethylene at work up to 44" wide - non sticky on both sides - how much would you like?

Or … I believe that my various lamination films are also polyethylene (mylar) and I have more of that than I will ever need - again in rolls up to 44" wide - would you like to have some?

Clear, satin, perforated, non perf, …

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for the outpouring of offers! This is why I’m part of DMS…

I’ve secured some non-sticky transparency sheets to try out the solder stencil on some moderately-complex boards. Pictures to follow in the Electronics forum.

3 Likes