Hey Car Drivers!

The next Lemons race is just a month away and there is still one spot open on the driver roster. No racing experience required! Come to the meeting this Thursday at 7:00 PM to learn more. We can answer all of your questions about the race and help you get started. We will also be planning out the race weekend.

This time it’s a real 24 hour race - from 11:00 AM Saturday to 11:00 AM Sunday. We have three veterans and two rookies in the car so far.

If you don’t want to drive, there are plenty of other ways to participate.

• pit crew
  • team support
  • videographer
  • communications
  • spotter
  • big truck transport
4 Likes

I might be interested, but I’m not sure I can come on Thursday this week. I’ve got a good bit of driving experience (running COTA this weekend).
Plus I can run other crew positions as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Relatedly: if you’re driving, make sure to check your HANS device (or other SFI 38.1 head/neck device) to make sure it has been certified (or re-certified) within the last 5 years. Rumor has it that Lemons is going to start not allowing 38.1 devices that are outside their 5-year certifications.

I know that Simpson’s New Braunfels location will turn around re-certifications in less than a week if you’re overdue on the HANS. I think it was $60 and I just did mine last month, it was a little over 6 years old and I’d totally missed that you can (and must) have them recertified. Cheers.

1 Like

What is the date of the race and where? @NickWebb and I are thinking of helping.

2 Likes

The race is November 10-11, with test and tune day on Friday, Nov. 9th. It’s at MSR Houston down in Angleton, so it’s a bit of a drive down there. Spectator tickets are $30 for the weekend. There’s more information at this link…

https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=216

It’s a lot of fun to watch the race and the DMS Racing guys in action. You can camp onsite at the track or folks usually stay at a nearby hotel in Angleton, Alvin, or Pearland.

As Bryan said, there’s plenty to do outside driving and wrenching. I used to be the spotter and really enjoyed it. Also had grand ideas in the past of making shirts and flags to support DMS and our guys, but never got much done outside decorating the car.

Hope to have time to be involved again someday in the future! Good luck guys!

2 Likes

The team will be driving down on Thursday November 8th for the Friday test and tune day.

The race is November 10th and 11th. It’s at MSR Houston in Angleton, Texas.

Would be great to have you there for part/all of the event.

2 Likes