Does CA have a book binding punch? spiral bound? anything?

Does CA have a book binding punch and or supplies? I found some posts from 2016, but nothing recent and there isn’t anything listed in the tools page.

I’d like to make 8.5" x 5.5" spiral bound or comb bound books if we have the tools. Anyone? @mreynolds, @missydee1206

We have a “cerlox”-type binding machine for plastic combs. It was donated by @richmeyer, as I recall.

EDIT: It does both the punching and the binding. I seem to recall that there is a nominal price posted for the plastic combs.

I used to have one and I could get metal spiral binders to use instead of the combs. They take more time put on and then have to cut to length if not standard sizes.

That should work nicely if it’s still in CA. I’m binding a little over about a 1/2" thickness of paper.

I think the spirals I had went up to and inch, most were 3/8" or 1/2"

Just for future reference, here’s the thread where it was discussed as donated

including post 23 where webdevel himself was threatening to use it.

Is this the same project?
Looks like someone is adhering to our “finish whenever” motto… :wink:

2 Likes

hahaha. Yes this is THAT project!

4 Likes

Do you happen to recall where those combs are located?

FWIW, Kinko’s can do that binding for pretty cheap. I’ve had some stapled books converted to spiral bound so they’d lay flat while in use.

1 Like

The last time I saw that stuff was over by the wall cubbies. It was during the reign of Overlord Nicole @uglyknees not long after the big room rearrange. I vaguely remember commenting on it with her. Devin @missydee1206 might know if it’s been moved/where. But I’d start on the cubbies that line the wall near the door, that stuff on top for the doohickey, but who knows about the combs. Hope this helps a teensy bit.

3 Likes

@Webdevel
It’s on the brown shelves, by the metal cabinet. There are a few different size plastic combs. I showed my mom how to use it the other day.

You can get metal combs too, as David said.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MK5XJ6/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1516929430&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=binding+combs

4 Likes