Auto Lift Training - $50

I am interested in the lift training also. Can you schedule one in the next couple of weeks?

Sorry for the delay guys I have been quite busy at work. At this point it will be January before I can do any training, I am working 7 days a week right now at work for the holidays.

Sounds good, I’ll be looking for it on the calendar. Would you also post it on this thread too, just in case? Thanks.

I’d also be interested in the Lift Certification class.

Can someone tell me the reason for the rule of only lifting a vehicle you own? I was excited when we got this lift, but not being able to use it on my gf’s car, friend’s, etc significantly reduces it’s utility to me.

1 Like

There’s a rather lengthy discussion surrounding automotive classes as well as the lift usage here.
In a nutshell: the insurance DMS has been able to find prohibits anyone from working on an automobile which is not their own. This is extended to the lift, as well.
Lots of rumors surrounding all this, but at the end, this is where it lies.

1 Like

That’s too bad, figured there was a good reason though. Thanks!

1 Like

Is the lift even back in action? Garage door fixed?

1 Like

No updates on door status, it should still be considered disabled. Plans are in motion.

I’m itching to get the training on the lift, too.

Bump to request a new training class. Or train me to be one of the instructors.

3 Likes

Lift class is being scheduled for Sat., 2/27, at 10AM. Do we need a weeknight class too?

2 Likes

If you catch me at the space anytime I am there I am almost always willing to train you and check you out on the lift. My photo is on my profile so you know what I look like. I will be there tonight working on my car so come on out if you wanna get trained. I will probably be out around 10 or 11pm. I was planning to do a class but I haven’t had time due to my work schedule. I will still teach anytime I am there.

There is a lesson plan available, and a short test. Would you mind using these in your class, just to keep it consistent? I will be at the space tonight, so we can print them out.

Also, keep track of who takes the class and let me know their email addresses. I am keeping a list for the Board, and I want them to get priority access to the RFID reader on the ramp door.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes I have already been using it and just adding the stuff I want to teach in addition. I have only taught one so far. Ill let you know emails when I am done tonight.

I’ll look forward to the 2/27 class!

ke5bud, i’ll try to find you sometime too!

I’m looking forward to it as well!

class is up on the CAL and i’m signed up,

do you even lift bro?
-Well yes i do, @dms!

When will there be another training session on the lift?

This is the exact reason I’m on talk right now. I have a fair number of projects that would be made significantly easier with lift access, and I don’t see a class scheduled through September. Are there plans for one? Is it now an ad hoc thing?