Are you ready for a situation? Can you draw?

What ranges around here allow you to draw or move? Static shooting is fine but not at all real life.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any. Seems like ranges are wary of ND issues when someone makes a mistake drawing.

1 Like

Crossfire in Flower Mound does it and it takes a 10$ class that is done most days and a checkout dine in the class. Must use an outer waist band holster. There are three others in the dfw but you must use the tactical bays. Clubs are the best bet.

2 Likes

That’s cool. More options!
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Best bet is if you have access to a private range. I need to do more of this when I am out at my parents land.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard or been to this place?

http://bigboartactical.com/

1 Like

I do most of my practice at a place called ETTS. It is outdoors so you have to get there early, but you can do anything you want. I’ve accumulated some AR500 targets etc, you can move, draw, reload have at it. $30 for all day, per person, cheaper if your LEO or Military

4 Likes

It is sadly very hard to draw from a holster at a range, most of the time It’s an insurance mandated policy, I know that etts and triple c in cresson allow it.

You can, however, dry fire your draw a bunch. In fact, That’s what I recommend.

Get a shot timer app on your phone and set a par time and race to beat it.

1 Like

World champion Ben stoeger performs some dry fire drills. If you hear the buzzer, it’s him seeing a par time (basically a timer) and trying to beat it.

1 Like

That’s kinda what I do… Obviously with snap caps. The down side is you don’t really know if you are on target.

Magnum Sport Center in Sanger I believe allows pulling from the holster.

I swore when I was at Eagle a couple weeks ago the printed ( I read through them to quiz my son to make sure he retained it) rules stated you could draw from holster if you had the LTC & signed an additional waiver. I cant say for certain however as their website says otherwise.

1 Like

Anybody have experience with those laser training devices in which the drop of the hammer activates a short light pulse the target detects?

Might Hatcher’s be interested in getting that?

1 Like