Anyone at DMS working on Pussyhats for the Austin march?

Oh yeah, that’s more than enough. But for 2-3 I can get the yarn. You’re saving me shipping anyway so that’s fair.

This is one I made after Christmas and sent with a marcher.

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll stop by Tuesday. How hard are these to make? Would it make sense to organize an impromptu hackathon to crank a few out? Could someone with zero knitting knowledge (like me) learn to construct one quickly or is it something that takes a while to learn?

I would say its intermediate. If you already knit with the basics it’s got some techniques for the brim and shaping the back of the hat that I wouldn’t expect a newbie to know. They take me roughly two hours each depending on my level of interruptions. If someone wants to plan a hangout worknight I would attend.

I haven’t looked at the patterns on their site, they appear to be basic knit stitch and crochet from what I’ve seen. Crochet will use yarn faster but the closer we get to the 20th the more I’d push for those. I don’t wanna post my number publicly but anyone the wants learn shoot an email to me @ [email protected] and we can coordinate. It doesn’t have to be a DMS meet up.

I posted a comment on the Women’s March FB page to see if there’s any interest from people there to have a hat-making event. Also posted on my own FB page. If there’s any interest, I’ll let you know.

I’ve seen them seen from felt as well for a super quick hat. Not quite the same vibe.

I’d imagine they can be done with fabric fleece even faster.

I will likely not be in attendance tonight. I’ve got a glider I watched through the night and working on getting in to see the vet today. When I do get home, I’m going to crash.

I’m not even into wearing hats 'n all… but O.M.G. ~ this is Adorable! :heart_eyes:

I hope the lil fella/gal gets feeling better! [quote=“steevithak, post:1, topic:16062, full:true”]

Is anyone at DMS part of the project to knit/sew pink pussyhats for the upcoming Women’s March on Austin? Not a knitter myself and was hoping to find someone I could buy a few from.
[/quote]

I never would have dreamed I would be saying this; but, I hope you get all the pussyhats you need! :wink: :smiley:

@steevithak I will still be at the space tonight aroumd 7 if you’re wanting to talk to someone about getting these hats done. If you have yarn you want to bring me I can probably get them done quick-ish (I have one project nearly done that I have to get finished up)

Little guy is on the mend thankfully. Knitting away. Expecting to have several next Tuesday!

1 Like

It was nice to meet some of you Tuesday night! Devin, I don’t check in here too often but you can contact me via email at [email protected]

FeatherCuffs, I brought some yarn up to the space for Devin and she’s working on some hats too. Maybe you two can coordinate with each other to halve the work? I’m still checking around with some other friends to see if anyone else needs hats, so maybe we’ll end up finding heads to wear all the hats you want to make. :slight_smile:

Will do, Steve. It was nice to meet you as well.

Ladies,

After marching, it’s time to organize yourselves and start to take over things: city councils, school boards, etc. Start local and move to state and national. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Precinct Chair project

A post was split to a new topic: Unicorn Hat class?

It was pretty crazy in Washington, DC over the last nine days… Especially on Saturday!

2 Likes

I posted some pics of the Austin march on Flickr, including a few pics of the Made-At-Dallas-Makerspace Pussy Hats.

1 Like

And it seems that it will be Brain hats for the scientist march

I was sick and didn t make a march but I want a Pussu hat to show my
support, I will trade a pics of jewelry for one