Anybody find a black bag with osage pieces?

I can’t find my black bookbag with a handful of osage orange pieces. Anybody seen it?

There was a bag with some wood pieces in it on the exchae shelf he other day

There was a black backpack someone stuck up on top of the fiber cabinet that had a spiral notebook, some cloth, and not sure what else buried in the bottom of the bag (we quit digging once it was clear it wasn’t part of the donation we were sorting through and someone had just stuck it up there who knows how long ago…)

We put it in lost and found last night

1 Like

I have some osage orange depending on how big you need. Free.

2 Likes

Not currently on or near the Lost and Found shelf.

@jeffbob I’d be interested if OP doesn’t want it. I’ll take any size.

Hey Curt, check the lost and found shelf. I believe someone was concerned about them getting swiped since they were on the freebie shelf, and they moved them to L&F. We have had folks completely ignore the writing on a piece of wood and take it anyway.

If it’s on the Member Exchange shelf, it’s not swiping, and ignoring any writing on it and helping yourself is exactly expected behaviour for items on said shelf. That’s kind of the point of it.

3 Likes

There were several large pieces of bodark in the woodshop on the shelf for class materials and free wood. Those pieces say something like “not up for grab”, but they are on the up for grab shelf. Personal items left there are at risk for being moved to lost and found, off site, trash, or being claimed as they are on the freebie shelf.

2 Likes

They are on that shelf because the storage area was closed down. They are mine. Please do not use them.

:bulb:
OH!
THAAAAT “freebie shelf”.
Still not swiping, since that’s the freebie shelf…

2 Likes

I believe it’s the hundreds of people on talk or don’t care because it’s on the freebie shelf that you have to worry about.

Good luck, doesnt matter what they say or how nice/milled wood is, if its on that shelf people will think it is free for the taking. I’ve had stuff taken and it is my own fault for leaving it there.

2 Likes

I should have been more specific, but yes, the black wire shelves in the woodshop where free-for-the-taking logs reside for turners to grab for projects. Since I’ve been a member I’ve seen it used for personal storage 3 times now where stuff was grabbed regardless of “please do not take” signage. Its a risky gamble for sure.

2 Likes

My impression as a member who is only ethereally familiar with said shelf, it appears to be more of a sure thing that someone other than the person placing the material there will be using it…

3 Likes