Zing Needs Troubleshooting

The Zing is back online, but it’s having issues. It won’t let you set a home position and it isn’t firing jobs. I’ve looked at it but not sure how to fix it. Do any of our members who use the Zing more frequently want to try troubleshooting or take the lead on contacting Epilog support? @talkers, @PearceDunlap, @gbeauw?

Merissa,

I’ll try to go in around mid-day and check it out. However, I need to talk with you first. Can you please call me this AM. 972-679-4334

I’m sorry I’m in and out of work meetings all day and won’t be freed up to call before lunch. Brandon looked at it more last night and thinks its an interlock issue for the door or the blower, but both of which are functioning fine though.

I’ll take a look when I get up there in a little bit

1 Like

Thanks @PearceDunlap! Curious if you know what time you’ll be up there? Beau is on his way soon and was wondering if yall would be there at the same time.

Not sure. Have to troubleshoot PC for grandparents. Always an unknown timeline

5 Likes

No problem, thanks for the update. Beau says he wont be able to make it in today after all, but called Epilog support and they think it’s a case of dirt in the optical sensors for the home setting issue, and the magnetic lid interlock for the not firing issue.

Remember, the interlock is extended through an RCA jack on the back, and a cable to the relay box for the blower. The relay box is supposed to short the pins on the RCA when the blower is switched on, and leave them open when the switch box is set off.

3 Likes

Thanks @kbraby! Think that helps us solve it.

Brandon said he assumed the wire coming out of zing was control for air assist, but sounds like it’s actually interlock to be sure blower/air assist are on

Currently the switch next to zing is directly controlling blower and air assist with nothing plugged into grey box. Therefore the air assist interlock is stopping the laser from firing.

Need to change it so that blower and air assist and switch are plugged into grey box mounted on back of zing table. Will need to remake the switch and plug everything into grey box to get it working (he took apart the previous zing switch last night).

He said he’ll be up there late tonight to work on it unless someone else wants to take this on first.

That’s exactly what I was going to check. I’ll be up soon to assist with anything else

1 Like

Pearce if you can fix it that would be amazing :smiley: Brandon said there’s a pile of switches and cables in tan plastic tub on top of white table.

Also Beau got an email with cleaning instructions and pictures from Epilog that I can share with anyone who can assist.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the inside of the grey box Brandon took yesterday…

The blue wires are what now know is air assist interlock coming from zing. Not sure of the pinout of all the terminals on relays, but here’s a link to the spec sheet. http://www.weisd.com/store2/NTER14-5D15-12.pdf

And also…
download_20171113_170639

Hopefully that all means something to yall electrically minded folks. And sorry for the million posts… Relaying info from Beau and Brandon, neither of which use Talk, so hopefully it all makes sense.

Got it working, remade the toggle so Kevin’s relay box worked again

6 Likes