Zing multiple pass question

Is there a way to make a second vector cut pass on the zing when working in combined mode? I am able to get a really good raster with the leather I’m using, but cannot get my material to cut out in one pass after the raster is done. I’ve played around extensively with the power, speed and frequency settings…

From what I gathered in the zing user manual, you have to run the entire file through again to get another cut procedure. What I’m really looking for is a way to raster once and cut twice all in the same job

I wonder if you can lay 2 identical vectors in different colors on top of each other. Otherwise, perhaps a slightly larger box outside the first one… It looks at line width of just 0.025mm, so it does not need a large gap.

At 30 watts, I just wonder if Zing has the power. I couldn’t get a cut yesterday at two passes nearly full strength with a lightweight leather. (Don’t know the measurements well enough to guess a weight.)

Took it back to CA and cut it by hand with a great laser pattern etched in.

I had thought about laying 2 lines on top of each other, but didn’t know if there was an option for this built into the software. Seems like an option a low wattage cutter would have built in

tha’ts odd. I’ve been able to cut up to about 8oz leather (3mm-ish) with the Zing. Hi Power and slow speed is what did it. Maybe the lens is dirty?

Both techniques work, stacking one line on another, and offsetting by 0.025mm (of course, as the first technique works).

I am seeing more smoke and flames from the Zing than I remember. Not the clean passes I would like.
@team_Laser

We’ll be doing maintenance on the lasers this Sunday during our workday. The power might improve a bit after the mirrors are cleaned.

2 Likes

I also had a question about the focus guide…the first time I used it, it was only hanging on by a few threads. seemed to work fine though. However, when I threaded it in all the way I was getting really bad cuts with lots of flame and burning. Is it supposed to be threaded in all the way or just barely in?

Actually, the focus spring dropped out on me completely yesterday. A guy working on the Thunder went to automotive and found the pinch tool to let me pull it up through the grid. (I didn’t want to take that stuff all off!) Anyway, it worked, and I threaded it back into the socket at finger tightness.

I had flames, too. Not a lot, but more than I recall before.

the answer is quite simple since the vector is already there for the combined mode. simply turn off the combined mode to vector only and resend the as job2. peace!

2 Likes