Zach of All Trades

Business Card_No Number

I realize that DMS is likely the last place that needs this, but nothing ventured nothing gained…

does anyone need anything made? Anything from furniture, to basic home repair, to knives and swords, to random knick-knacks around the house, you name it. If you do, DM me and we can discuss pricing.

1 Like

Think you can make that fully electrical?

1 Like

possibly… what is your budget? also, heads up, this will ikely take a lot of time and money to make, and if i make it electric, it won’t be able to go very fast

honestly, something like that; my reccomendation would be to hit up a professional

but if you’re willing to pay, it’s your money

I’ve done Project Management and the freelance thing on top of it. So its not like I’m looking at a project like this as most would; “could you do it for a case of bud and have it done tomorrow”. That’s just never fare to anyone and shows a lack of respect to everyone involved that I personally do not stand for.

As for budget, well lets see a BoM and discuss it. For speed, well Texas laws would force it to be under 25mph even though the original you see in that pic and youtube video goes well over 65mph with full electric.

If that’s too big of a project then I have a few pc case mods that need made up as well.

I have no skin in this game, but asking for a BOM before discussing payment on a project of this size seems to me like asking for engineering work for a case of Bud.

1 Like

Ask for a BoM in my experience is usually asking a professional to present thier expertise to tell the product owner what it would take in scale of the project then from there refined the scope after initial presentation.

This is how guys in EE and IT managers have done things for ages.

If it was a case of beer thing then the conversation would be more, could you install a car battery on this bike thanks.

Completely not what’s being asked. But of course the size of the bike hasn’t even been said. one could easily be asking for it in a toy size.

OK, you both are beautiful and I’m sure someone will take each of you to the prom…

In other words, go grab a cold beverage and talk in person.

3 Likes

I’m going to be honest, I have never done anything like that before. if you want toy sized then i could be of more service, but full sized… i don’t even know where to begin for that. off the top of my head it would be to take a standard electric motor from a scooter or something, then retrofit it to a brand new frame, then cover the whole thing in fiberglass panels and acrylic. I have no clue how much something like that would cost, or how much time it would take to do it. I will repeat my recommendation to take this to a professional, but if you want i can get started on a rough estimate. i can tell you know that it likely to be well over $10,000 for me to do it, and probably over a year in production.

so lets maybe start off with the PC case mods

2 Likes

Cool. Yeah the full size one is a large fish. 10k is a well understandable budget and way better than if I did it myself.

Since its a bit a larger fish for yourself at this time then I’ll agree to have that on the back burner if your up for circling back around on it later with the rough estimate.

As for the PC case Mods… well let me PM you them.