YInMn Results - positive and negative - photo dump

The first batch of YInMnO has been distributed. Please put pictures/observations/discussion about using it here and also On the Facebook page

@talkers for your info
@Josh_Melnick
@Kriskat30
@Nick
@Lampy (I gave yours to Nick - next round we should have a bit more to give you)
@Webdevel
@sinless
@MizGeek
@Julie-Harris
@Nathan_Jones
@dianarhodes
@Contrarian
@claybell
@meanbaby
@brenly
@Print_Witch
@thespacemaker (I gave yours to Tim)

@Robodude919 @kyrithia Kelly Doug and I will be getting ours during the next round. If you’re interested please speak up!

By taking a sample you’re agreeing to take pictures and document successes and nonsuccesses and have something/anything to show for a display in February - even if it’s an empty vile full of cusswords.

I’m in contact with the Nation of Makers so we aren’t just goofing around here people.

10 Likes

THE PRESSURE! :blankspace::blankspace::blankspace::blankspace:

3 Likes

Flagged for off topic.
Sorry.
Could. Not. Resist…

Here is my final result with the blue. Daryl used her phone to document so hopefully she can add the pics

14 Likes

-squeal-
I’m so excited! After a couple of decades of tech writing… I will thoroughly over-document!!

2 Likes

What is YlnMnO? :sweat_smile:

If someone wanted to get on the list for the next batch - what would be the process/cost?

It’s a new pigment that DMS created in the science committee - we are distributing it to makers to see what can be made with it. Are you interested in making with it?

1 Like

What would you like to do with it? I’ll add you to the list. We can’t sell it so we’ve just been handing it out with the understanding that everyone will be giving back the results for a display

I was thinking of trying to inlay it on some turning projects (ring, bottle stopper, pen - something in that vein).

1 Like

Love it!
I’ll reach out once the second batch is made.

1 Like

I would like to try it as a resin inlay pigment for some wood project yet to be determined, no rush, I can be part of batch 3 or 4 if needed, I have plenty of other projects keeping me busy for a while.

I saw @Kriskat30 resin art last night in person and can confirm this is a pretty awesome blue!

3 Likes

I would like to get in on this awesome opportunity. I also do resin jewelry and think this would be an awesome color.

1 Like

Awesome - and it goes with your name. Ok I’ll keep you in on the loop!

This seemed like a silly question to me, and I am unclear if you are kidding or not, being that YlnMnO has been on TALK for a while now, with some fair bit of chatter:

but it got me wondering “What if this were serious? How would someone find out what this is all about if this really were their first encounter with YlnMnO?”
Well…
Interestingly, if you enter this term into the TALK search, you get…crickets…most of the time. Sometimes, you will get one of these 2 threads.
Well, then. What about Google?
Crickets.
Not a single hit of interest, including TALK, which tends to be indexed to the googlers most expeditiously.

even if you specify this page

Huh.
Wonder what it is about that search which appears to me to just break search engines…

If you leave off the O at the end… you will be googlically rewarded.

5 Likes

But then only for articles referring the this pigment’s discovery, and still nothing about TALK, what the science committee @ DMS is going, etc. (unlike most threads on TALK which are assimilated into google returns almost telepathically,it seems).

And that doesn’t work on the TALK search, either, which leads right back to my ponderings…

TALK usually pulls up returns based on partials:

but not for this:

Sound like fun. I’ll be glad to use it in the Paper marbling class in January.

1 Like

Uhm, is it a paint color?

1 Like

Google told me nothing and just seemed to refer back to talk.

1 Like