Yarn donation? And a few characters

My wife has three central market bags full of acrylic and wool yarn. Some skeins mostly assorted decent size remnants. Would fiber arts be interested in it? I don’t want to bring it if it’s not useful.

1 Like

I know there is a “craft for a cause” event this Sunday where people are going to knit/crochet hats and scarves for a charity event. I’m sure they would be happy to have the yarn.

TOTES USEFUL.
If you could sort the wool from the acrylic that would be awesome, because most charities don’t accept wool because of care requirements. If not, maybe stick a note that it needs sorted and someone will do it on Sunday.

Yes, thx! I figure crafting for a cause might find useful bits, and beyond that, leftovers Fibers will happily assimilate what physically fits and is most useful into the blue yarn bin (free for general use to anyone and we use for classes). Anything that isn’t the best fit, we’ll put on the donation shelf where it will disappear very quickly :slight_smile:

Can it wait to go to the shelf til I get back from austin? :laughing:

Sure :slight_smile:
(engagingtardiscompression)

You’re the bomb diggity Jeannie!

1 Like

I wasn’t able to make it to the space like I was planning last weekend. I will definitely be there this Friday.

Will someone be around to accept this donation?

Depends on the time. Best bet is to set it by the fiber cabinet in the corner unless @uglyknees wants it somewhere else.

1 Like

Fibers cabinet is the best option.

1 Like

Yeah, in back corner by fibers cabinet is good (try not to block shapeoko). We’ll sort through, pet it all, and find it good home next Tuesday when a bunch of us are there for fibers night

On that note, @kyrithia, Chandra left a load of needles. They’ve been put in the cabinet wrapped in paper, just so you can see what’s new. They are next to the pile of bins where the other needles are

1 Like

I’ll be there at 4 on Friday. I’ll put it in/on top of/or near the cabinet with a note. Thanks all, hope you can use it!

2 Likes

3 bags in front of the cabinet. They didn’t fit inside.

3 Likes

That’s ok. I’ll be there either tonight or in the morning to sort them into their homes. Any chance you stuck a “fiber donation” label on them? If not, no biggie, I’ll have someone else do it.

I put a sheet of paper on it with Fiber Donation on it yes.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you sir, the Fiberholics appreciate it :grin: