Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA eval board - to borrow

Looking for a Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA eval board, such as Arty-A7, Nexys 4 Artix-7, … Or any non-Zynq Xilinx 7-series eval board.

Need to do some experiments this weekend and Mouser is backed up. Would involve soldering some wires to the QSPI config flash. Goal is to monitor signals to correlate actual fallback config operation from description in UG470.

Will use Metcal + B&L stereo zoom microscope to add fly wires. Of course, will replace/repair board in the (highly unlikely) event that I break it.

1 Like

If I had one I’d be happy to let you borrow it.

I do have a M.2 Screamer which uses that FPGA, but I’m not sure you’d be able to replace it if you broke it (I need it in two weeks). https://shop.lambdaconcept.com/home/43-screamer-m2.html

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Screamer docs. The QSPI is in an 8 pin QFN-ish package, so that would be easy to attach fly wires. There’s no schematic provided, so attaching to PROGRAM_B and INIT_B would require some probing. These signals likely have pullups, which would ease attachment.

I have a Nexus 4 Artix-7 coming from Digikey, should be shipping on Monday. Change of plans so I won’t need it this weekend after all.

As an aside, you’ve piqued my curiosity with the Screamer board. Can you comment on what you’ll be using it for in a few weeks?

1 Like

Nope. I can say I’m a embedded hardware security consultant and it’s really fun to play with.

1 Like

I figured you’d be mum on your Screamer use case, since the docs tout it’s usage in hardware security. Have fun with your new toy. Mine arrived this morning.

1 Like

I do have in my contract with work that I’m specifically allowed to teach classes at DMS related to InfoSec, so I may teach a class about it at some point. It’s really cool what you can do with it, reading and modifying system memory really opens up the possibilities.

1 Like