Woodworking Opportunity and Advice

I have a friend who sent me this request.

Here are some additional pictures of the coffin with dimensions:

They have a benefactor who is willing to pay for the coffins, but they obviously want them for as inexpensive a price as possible.

I post this here because DMS is a charitable non-profit organization with some great people and tremendous talent. I have some ideas on contruction and I think simple is the best choice since there purpose is intructional, but I’m interested in any ideas you might have and any willingness to help them out. If you are willing to take the project on DM me.

I very much appreciate your input and consideration. Imagine for a moment how tramatic it is to a little one to lose their parent(s). This is a small way to make the grief more managable for them.

I had never heard of this until my friend introduced me to it.

Does it need to be wood? You could probably save a ton by just 3D printing the parts and then adding a hinge and gluing in the felt.

2 Likes

Or if they wanted something wood-like, I’d say MDF would be a good option too. With MDF, the CNC could knock out all of them pretty easily and probably quicker than 3D printing them. The file would just have to be made.

3 Likes