Woodshop classes booked up

Hello all,
I’m getting a bit frustrated. I’ve been a member since January and hoping to utilize the woodshop. I was able to take the multicam class and take the test, but I can’t seem to get in on the normal woodshop classes.
For the first few months, I would check occasionally, hoping to find a slot, but would find that it was in the middle of the day on a weekday, or booked up for the weekend by the time I saw the post.
For the last month, I have had a daily reminder on my phone to check for new classes posted. I checked today and the classes just posted are already booked up. Even then, I would have to take a day off to come in and take the classes.

I do woodworking at home and am capable of operating the machines. Im having a hard time justifying the cost of the membership if I can’t come in and use the woodshop equipment. I know the individuals teaching the woodshop classes are busy and can’t teach all the time… How do we proceed here?

Thanks,
Nathan

1 Like

Private woodshop classes are $25 total according to @Mrksls2 on another thread. You may want that for expediency.

1 Like

There’s a test out procedure described here (https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/woodshops-financial-proposal-for-discussion-here-and-at-the-b-b-meeting-friday). I’m not sure if it’s been implemented yet or not.

paging @Mrksls2, @shoottx

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Hi Nate,

@Team_Woodshop will be offering regularly scheduled Woodshop Basics classes each month. This is in line with their published class schedule which the Woodshop Vice-Chair, Mike Jury, @shoottx made available on TALK within the last 30 days.

Please contact @Team_Woodshop to make arrangements to get registered for an upcoming class. If you have any problems getting into a Woodshop basics class within the next 30 days, please send an email to [email protected].

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the info.
I checked some other threads but the only info I could find was: looks like there will be woodshop 1-4 twice a month. I didn’t see a more specific schedule, but I didn’t read through all the replies

I’ve sent a note to Team_Woodshop and will try to work out a time for a private session. If I can’t get a private session I’ll try to jump in one of the classes during August once they get posted to calendar, but as mentioned, I’ve just had bad luck with this.

Much appreciated,
Nathan

2 Likes