Woodshop Certification - Availability?

Are any Woodshop Committee members who can do training for certification available, and willing to do a class? I joined about 2 weeks ago, and I would love to get started on my project.

I’d be more than willing to pay you for your time to get me certified. Name the price. I’m sure there are others who could use the class too, but one-on-one, anytime that fits your schedule, works for me.

I do have a long history of experience with most of the tools in the woodshop in other venues and can do any homework before the class.

So far I’ve only taken the Lathe 101 class with Paul, thanks so much!

Let me know,
–Ivan

1 Like

You’ll have to check the calendar, they get posted sometimes. I believe mark Salas was understandably off on holiday for a week.

It can look like theres nothing on the calendar but then the following day you’ll see several. Just keep checking back!

1 Like

I would love to train more members, but right now we only have about half of the woodshop operational after the holidays. Training will resume once I am able to train members on at least the majority of the machinery. Probably after the next maintenance day on the 11th.

1 Like

I also need the three certification classes but don’t see anything on the schedule out to July. I am signed up for the Lathe 101 class on the 29th but that does not help me with the projects i am working on.

Thanks,
Bill

The Breadboard Boot Camp is running again, I believe. Despite my repeated teasing of @Mrksls2 to call it something else, it’s still called a bread board class.

Members think this is an electronics soldering class. It’s not - you make an actual board (cutting board) for bread (the kind you eat), and it takes you through certification for all the machines.

1 Like

I tried to make it more obvious.

2 Likes

They haven’t posted to the calendar yet. You should be able to register in a day or so.

1 Like