Woodshop basics?

Hello all,

I recently became a member to work on some wooden sculptures, but can’t work in the workshop without proper training.

Every time I check the calendar, I see every woodshop training course is full

Any suggestions?

Welcome!

The unfortunate reality right now is that we have more students than teachers. Its picking up, but as you can see classes fill up really quickly.

If you don’t mind potentially wasting your time, you can always show up to one of the classes in case there’s a no-show and hope to slide into that slot.

Alternately, you might be able to convince the teacher to let you tag along in the class; however, note that its completely the teacher’s perogative on that. Sometimes its difficult to add one more to a class due to limitations on materials, time, or stations.

Your last bet would be to get someone to give you a one on one lesson. Sometimes people are willing to do that (usually for a fee to reimburse their time).

I have added two more classes - they should show up on the calendar in 72 hours… so Thursday around 2pm.

July 8 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
July 14 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

NOTE: They will show “Closed for registration” until Thursday.

I will probably add another one in a week or two…

Tom

4 Likes

There is an open spot in tonight’s class.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16755

1 Like

I’ll definitely show up tonight no matter what, and if that doesnt work out for some reason, then I’ll return on thursday,

thanks so much for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like the slot filled but it’s possible that someone might cancel at the last minute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checking to see if there is a spot available for tonight wood class?