Woodshop air filters

If someone doesn’t replace the woodshop air filters soon it’s going to cause some serious damage. It’s already iced up, leaking everywhere and blowing hot air. If you need me to come up with you let me know.

Thanks,
Luke

I turned off the woodshop AC at Andrew Z’s request yesterday. I haven’t heard if the filters have been replaced yet.

The weekend before thanksgiving, Paul Wilson and I attempted replacing the Jet air filters. But there were no correctly sized filters available at DMS. We were told multiple times to use filters in a box just outside of the wood shop, but those were also not the correct size. We ended up blowing out the filters and putting them back.

@Team_Woodshop do we have more filters for the Jet air filters?

1 Like

Speaking of which, the JET filters were nasty and bearded again the last time I was in the space last week…

I saw a few filters by the workbench? Maybe?

With the wonderful new storage system built by @IanLee and team, we will have a lot of things with proper places. I will be glad to help with labeling.

@Azalaket

1 Like

Thanks for helping out!

The filters outside the shop are for the unit on the roof… they were swapped out today. The jet filters need to be vacuumed almost daily. @fedakkee and I try to do it each time we’re in the shop. If anyone is ever in the shop and see that they’re not blue, feel free to vacuum them :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

What are jet filters? A photo would help.

2 units hang off the ceiling. basically a big fan with a filter on one side to remove air particulate.

Thanks. I suspected, but didn’t know.

1 Like

I recall hearing that the OEM Jet filters are both expensive and proprietary. I also recall hearing that there is at least one company which with a surprisingly small minimum order size make filters that perform the same in that given size for immensely less.

2 Likes

Yes, we have two Grizzly branded air filters at work (pretty much the same as the JET), and my boss used a local company to make us up several cases to fit them at much reduced cost. I forget the company name, but I do think I posted it up in a previous thread somewhere…

(Click your avatar. Click your avatar again. Click search. The results are filtered to only include your posts.)