Woodshop air compressor

I a few nail/staple guns hanging with other tools outside the woodshop area. Is there a compressor to use these with? I looked and couldn’t find it.

There are air disconnects all through the building, just look for blue hoses coming down the walls

4 Likes

There is also a roboreel for air on the column near auto, adjacent to where you found the nailguns (assuming they’re still where I think they are :wink:)

3 Likes

I went looking for that a couple days ago and either I’m blind, or it has been moved. The former is more likely.

1 Like

Someplace to look?

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/roboreel-install-this-saturday/17044?u=lisaselk

(second and third photos - for location of the portable one and future?/current? installed ones…)

I saw those … but I assumed they were power cords. If they are air, then my earlier supposition was right - I’m just blind! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The the first image appears to be of the electrical reels… (Power cords)

The second image appears to be the “home” for the portable air reel…

The third image appears to be the future (current by now maybe???) installed air reels may be…

The “portable one” was definitely not in its intended location. And I looked all over the Auto shop for it, too. I guess it’s just too portable.

1 Like

There’s one ceiling mounted air line over the workshop tables (one closest to machine shop), and the portable one should be over on the pallet rack by the gantry crane (adjacent to hatchers). I’m headed up to the space in a bit and will hunt for the portable one to return it to it’s home if it’s missing.

2 Likes

There is one at the end, on the middle shelf, by the post where the aisle goes from Auto into Metal Shop and by Laser. It faces in towards the scrap bin. Used it Wednesday.

I actually just moved it from there back to by the gantry crane. The spot it was sitting in is a project storage spot, so best not to keep it there.

2 Likes

I figured it was there so folks doing nailing in that area had a handy reel without dragging a line across pathways and at neck height from the work tables.

1 Like