Wood Shop Training - Looking forward & Trainer Requests

@Team_Woodshop
@Wood-Turning-Sig

ALL - THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR DISCUSSION OF WHY OR WHEN DMS SHOULD OR COULD REOPEN. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DISCUSSION ABOUT REOPENING STATUS OR PRACTICALITY. THANK YOU

At the point that DMS is able to reopen and begins to add new members one of the key factors in attracting and retaining these members will be the ready availability of required training.

Wood Shop has historically been one of the more popular areas in the Space of interest to new members as well as being a strong factor in member retention.

Our required training options are currently:

• Woodshop Basics - Woodshop Basics, Project based classes, Experienced Maker certification.
  • Lathe Basics - Both basics and project based
  • Multicam - Currently only one option available - Additional trainers encouraged.

I’ve asked for volunteers in training in the past in order to build our instructor base and I’m reiterating that need now with an emphasis on our need to have available, effective and frequent certification options. If you have interest in teaching even one class per month please reach out to me on DM.

To the several individuals who have expressed interest previously - I’ll be reaching out to you over the next week to touch base.

Thank you,

Paul

7 Likes

I would love to teach the mulitcam…but I took the class long ago, and never followed through. If you really want an instructor and are willing to give me some personal training, I’d be willing to put a LOT of effort into it!

2 Likes

Just bumping this thread. Have had several great responses from our members. Any others interested?

1 Like