Note - I have not added this to the Events Calendar - It would not appear until a day prior.
meet.google.com/hfv-gyyd-fro · Up to 250 participants
(US)[+1 386-361-3108](tel:%E2%80%AA+1 386-361-3108%E2%80%AC)
PIN: 569 997 655#
Add live stream
Discussion of the current environment for training in Wood Shop.
- Goal of Training at DMS Wood Shop
- To be able to safely and effectively use the Large WS tools
- Types of Training currently available
- WS Basics - A ~3 hour course that outlines safety and tool basics.
- Video review and Teach the Trainer for experienced wood workers
- WS Lite - Maker Basics - TBD
- Project based WS certifications - For example Tksi’s Basics class series
- Lathe and Turning classes - Still considering this as a hard No due to distancing requirements - Open to discussion.
- Class size
- Currently - a maximum of 3 students per course is recommended - BOD approval is being requested.
- Social distancing and training effectively
- General discussion about best practices
- Training Honorarium limits and requirements
- Open Discussion - I hope to be able to speak more in detail by Sunday
- Train the Trainer opportunities and schedule
- Syllabus and expectations discussion - as well as availability and timing.