Wood lathe training

I know there’s a class coming up for making pens on the wood lathe. However I’m looking for a more broad training on the wood lathe in general. There isn’t any classes currently on the calendar for that. I’m hoping someone is willing to sign me off on it and do a bit of one on one training if possible.

There is a Lathe Safety & Orientation class soon. It sounds like you are looking for both the Safety & Orientation class, along with additional one-on-one training.

Correct?

i can help i would like to take some welding training i would be happy to show you around the lathe. maybe we can trade time. let me know Thanks!

1 Like

That would be perfect and I appreciate that very much. Do you mind if I dm you to figure out details?

1 Like

I am also looking to get authorized to use the wood lathes either by taking a class or just a quick explanatory instruction/walkthrough of the machine. I have some self-taught turning experience on a smaller pen lathe that I think should transfer seamlessly to the bigger machines. Any help would be much appreciated, I am not really in a rush either.

Hello. Sorry to piggyback off the OP. I would very much like to join to learn the lathe safety and orientation. I have a project in mind but cannot find an orientation class. I’ve had some basic experience but would need a refresher and access.

Hi sorry for piggybacking, I am also very much interested in wood turning. I greatly appreciate if someone can help me out with this. Thanks in advance