Wood Lathe Area Reorganized

The lathe area of the Woodshop has been rearranged. The goals were to improve safety by moving the headstocks of lathes away from the door and create a permanently marked 44” walkway. We also were able to put more work room around the Jet 1221’s, make room for 4 Jet’s and provide more space around the sanding table

Three workstations for the Jet1221’s were built, the Oneway and Powermatic were slide down toward the door and the sanding station was moved next to the Laguna bandsaw. The Festool dust collectors now live under the sanding table.

We have marked off a 44” walkway. Nothing should be stored in the walkway.

See original plan for more details: Woodshop re arrangement
What is left to do:

• Install permanent electricity for the Jets
  • Put more tape down defining the walkway.
  • Hang lathe accessories that are currently stored on the floor on the back side of the Jet lathe stations

These should be done in the next few days

Thanks to Paul LaChance for helping me move the lathes into position.

20 Likes

Also, for the multicam users, there are three feet of space between the multicam and the lathe workstations.

1 Like

Thank you for doing this. I’ve had some near misses with people carrying large boards in through that door.

1 Like

If any electrical assistance is needed, feel free to let me know. Always willing to help when and where I can. Thank you

3 Likes

The new electrical for the Jet lathes will be installed on Saturday morning.

3 Likes

Awesome planning Dan! Great to see this finally happen after several months!

1 Like

Beeyouteeful!

Oh snap! Awesome!

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL SHOP! THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL LATHE!? HOW DID I GET HERE??? …h

2 Likes

The new electric outlets for the Lathes have been installed. Each Lathe now has access to 4 outlets, one for the Lathe, a lamp, a fan, and anything else. All power cords are off the floor for easier cleanup. We are ready to go.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for all of your time in getting this up and running Rich!

6 Likes

This looks amazing. Thanks to everyone for their hard work.

3 Likes

It looks great! You guys did a fantastic job.

1 Like

Sensational planning and work. The space looks cleaner AND BIGGER! DEF Safer.

Thank you!

4 Likes

I walked through there today. Looks and feels SOOOOOO much better. Fantastic job.

5 Likes