Wire jewelry--OPEN SPOT in class tomorrow/fri 2pm (filled)

For those interested, I had a cancellation in my full class tomorrow/fri 2pm (DAYMAKER) class for wire bezel pendants, which opens up a spot.

It’s free, but modest materials fee unless you wanna bring your own stuff. Details in description. Pic of similar below.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/edit/3127

And big thx to the person that followed through and cancelled (as I request in description) if they can’t make it.

I mention this because of recent discussions. I’ve been putting a nice little note high in my descriptions to the effect of "limited class size (6 usually), please register, and please be sure to cancel if something comes up and you can’t join us after all, freeing up the space for someone else).

It’s been an experiment and I’m getting a better percentage of folks following through and actually cancelling versus just no-show. Which is especially important to me on the wire classes because I already have to keep them to about six. So yay. Just passing it along to those that have had these issues. Try a note in description for those that just simply need a reminder/training.

Pic of similar wire mechanics (slightly plainer sides) of class tomorrow:

1 Like

Sorry for cancelling, I was just about to post that a spot was open on here and saw your post! Family called me today needing help tomorrow, so I can’t make it. I’m super bummed, your work looks awesome, so I’ll try and catch your next class! Hopefully someone else will take advantage!

4 Likes

Hey, you made it possible that someone else can have a chance at attending. Thanks for being excellent!

5 Likes

Sorry you can’t make it, but indeed, things/life comes up and Excellent of you to cancel properly versus no-show. Much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you in a future one.

I’ll be doing these wire classes pretty regular as long as there’s interest. So far, everything is filling, so I’m about to schedule another set this weekend (will probably hit calendar mid-week for those that care).

I have a lot of different designs I can teach so I’ll mix it up, but there are a few (this bezel one) that are extra useful mechanically and folks seem to be extra interested in learning (this class, basic pendant) so it’ll get repeated a tad more often if there’s interest.

Daymaker classes, I’ll keep doing as long as they keep making and I don’t get a dayjob (looking). I’m more flexible which days/times so if there’s a clump of interest in a day/time/topic, lemme know.

Class is filled now. Thx. I’ll be adding some more to the calendar this weekend, should show up tues/wed on calendar depending on when I get around to it

1 Like