Wire jewelry classes

For those that have been wanting a heads up when I got some wire jewelry classes going…several now on the schedule (and more coming soon).

First pic is sample of the type of wire I do. Second is what’s currently scheduled. More are planned. (This is a screenshot, so disregard fiber classes :slight_smile: The wire classes will be obvious.)

NOTE–I’m trying out a daymaker class and will do more if there’s interest. I’d love feedback on days/times.

4 Likes

Awesome. Signed up for the bracelet class because of my schedule then, but I also really want to learn to make rings.

2 Likes

I would love daymaker classes. I didn’t sign up for the one, because it appears to be the same class as tomorrow’s class.

@Webdevel I’ll be doing a mix of projects so rings will be coming. Definitely the right-hand of the two in the center pic will be soon. Good band ring and scales up or down nicely depending on gauge of wire. I make this one in larger gauge for heavy men’s ring a lot, lighter for all-purpose band or nice for couple’s sets with a heavy and a lighter version. Will do the upper right ring once I get a feel for how long I might need with DMS folks. Normally it’s a 3-4 he class on that one, but I might can do shorter if I can get some folks practiced up. The bottom right purple I’ll teach eventually, but it’s advanced.

@John_Marlow yeah, Chris, same as the evening one. Offered it for day since historically it’s high on a lot of folks’ list to learn and the first one I scheduled filled in in a couple days. I’ll be doing others though. Daymakers will likely often fall on days I’ll be up there for an evening thingy (therefore more on tues or Thursday, but flexible)

Btw, as a general comment to all, I’m mostly doing thurs evenings since it works with my schedule, plus random daymaker on various days, but will consider other evenings or a rare weekend. So feedback is welcome re preferred days

Annnnd, inspired by the thread about classes that are family-friendly and then I thought it’d be good timed for a fun afternoon diversion before school starts…just submitted this, hitting the calendar soon:

Aug 3rd, 2:30-4:00pm

Title:
“DAY and MINI-MAKER: Swirly colored wire suncatcher ornament hangy-thingy”

Short description:
“KIDS WELCOME, as well as adults of any age. Make a fun swirled suncatcher ornament using colored copper wire and beads and also learn skills that translate well to wire jewelry. Recommend age 5+ (kids MUST be accompanied by adult).”

BTW, For anyone interested, set this thread to Watch status and I’ll update it when I get the other planned classes submitted (was waiting to see registration response on first batch, so far so good).