Will there be more stained glass classes soon?

Hello, I’m interested in learning to do stained glass, but I underestimated the popularity and was too slow in snagging a spot in either of the two classes that were recently posted. Will there be more available in the near future?

3 Likes

There will be one very soon he should be posting it shortly

1 Like

@Vincent hey here’s some rosin core solder supposedly for stained glass. i’m not sure what guage you’re looking for but you can use the same solder for stained glass and electronics. i’m also unsure how much more length you need due to some of the volume of the wire being made of the stuff you’re ultimately not trying to use to stick the pieces together! some of the listings on this page may not have the rosin core (because amazon’s sorting algorithm kind of sucks sometimes), so if you’re looking for the ones with flux in it, make sure it says “rosin core” otherwise it’s just regular solder.

also, we didn’t seem to use tip tinner in the class. if you’ve not used it before, it conditions the soldering iron tip and allows it to pick up solder to some extent. you can pick up a wad of solder and then apply it to the piece. good for when you just need a dab to tack your pieces together.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rosin+core+stained+glass+solder&crid=HEJPI4KUDJIX&sprefix=rosin+core+stained+glass+solde%2Caps%2C446&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

also look into flux pens. they’re like paint pens, you press down and the tip gets damp. do you use solder wick if you have to repair a piece? how do you get a broken piece of glass out of a larger work? that much solder would require a TON of wick, but solder suckers (a simple spring-loaded device) are even more of a pain in the butt.

also you should check out these: Amazon.com : tracing table flat

i have several of them (don’t ask) and they’re only as thick as the plastic, so they’re great if you need something portable or small but just as bright as the light table.

1 Like

Thanks, I have to try the soldier out to see if it’s a good thing to use

2 Likes

I put the cherry on top of your table and I cut a piece of mahogany with some design for example and there’s a part piece of zebra wood. Just FYI that’s all. I hope this works out for you. This is Billy cockrell