Wide Format Printing Usage Fees

I just wrote a long reply to this idea under nicks topic FYI. I do have an opinion but I’m not sure I have a really good solution.

Create a login system (DMS name and password) like is on the vinyl cutter and 1 of the lasers. At least you know who’s on the computers. I’m not sure how that’s done but I think Pierce does.

“Active Directory” :wink:

1 Like

I decided to try to help out and dropped off a little xmas gift in the printer’s fund today. Merry Christmas everyone.

6 Likes

Steve-- In your initial post, you mention the initial cost of setting up the EPSON 7880 included a set of refillable cartridges. Now that you’re no longer supplying the ink and media for the wide format printer, I’m curious about how to go about getting the cartridges refilled when the time comes. Is there information somewhere on that? How much does it cost?

And I’ll add my voice to the others who have said it: thanks for going out on a limb to support the printer for DMS. I’m sorry the shrinkage problem got to be so outrageously bad. I haven’t used the printer much, but I paid my fair share when I did, and it saddens me to know that there are people who abused the system to such an extent.

1 Like

We’re in the process of moving financial responsibility for the printer to
DMS but it hasn’t happened just yet. Also, I’ll still be filling the ink
and providing the supplies. So, operation/support shouldn’t really change.
Just the money flow. What I think may happen is a slight price increase to
accommodate paying for supplies by DMS upfront rather then me collecting
fees to cover supplies as they’re used. That hasn’t been officially
discussed yet, though. Just a prediction on my part

2 Likes

CA will be assuming the responsibility. The major difference is CA will buy/pay for the material from Steve upfront and he’ll replenish - vs he buys, refills and submits a bill to DMS and waits for reimbursement.

And we all do really appreciate the support he is providing DMS!

3 Likes

Yes we do. Glad to hear it’s up and running again! I’ll add a training class as well for different days this month and next and will totally review footage as needed. I think having an AD would be critical to stopping this if we can set one up.

I wonder how much is people getting confused with the ink not being free? The last two I helped brought their own but maybe didn’t realise they’d have to pay for ink? We can even add a PayPal shortcut to the desktop

1 Like