Who's interested: Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer Class

Who’s interested in a class on CFD? Primary applications would be in aerospace, automotive, and electronics. It would probably be an all day class and cover the basics needed to get reasonable heat transfer or HVAC results as well as interpretation/post processing of results. We would either use Autodesk Simulation CFD or (my FOSS CFD code of choice) OpenFOAM. Potentially there could be a follow on class covering in some detail (read: math) and more advanced topics such as turbulence models and compressible flow.

4 Likes

I’d take it. I’ve done forgot everything I ever knew about calculus, though. FYI - We should be able to get any Autodesk product.

I am interested. I can’t really promise until there are less variables (schedule, personally,etc.) and i am sure my educational background is lacking. Like Bryan, my calculus skills have largely atrophied and mine were miniscule to start , but i would love to wade through and gather all i can. …

I would definitely take it.

-Robert

What times work best for everyone? I’ll likely split it into two days or so and keep it low on math.

For me, evenings (except Mon and Wed), but before July 20th when I go on vacation for two weeks :smile:

-Robert

For me, evenings (except Tuesday and Thursday), and/or weekends are best…
:smiley:That pretty much leaves Friday, Saturday, and Sunday…
So, probably pick what’s best for you, and we’ll attend if we can…
I would recommend, if possible, do 2 in quick succession; one on MWFSU and the other on TRFSU, so that way, you catch everyone who can’t do either MW or TR, the two most popular days combos for people to have blocked out.

Evenings or weekends for me. BTW, I like math :wink:

Hey now. I like math, too. Doesn’t stop me from sucking at it.

2 Likes

Hi, I would be interested in taking it. My schedule is crazy with work but will make every effort to attend.

Thanks!

I’ve put an event on the calendar for the afternoon of July 11 (Saturday). I don’t know how long it will take to cover what I want, so it may be shorter. If it ends up running over, I’ll schedule another class to cover the rest and more advanced techniques.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing it. Just me?

Yeh, I don’t see it on the calendar either.

It’s there now. I would have gone, but it’s in the middle of the steam engine build.

2 Likes

Feel free to pop in and out

I see it on the calendar.

Missed this post and coming to the party late but I would be interested in anything I missed on July 11. Any slides? When is the next session?

Since I am just now Redding this I am REALLY late to the party. Are there any slides or material available? I used to work as a thermal analysis engineer so just high level information should get me back up to speed.