Who's good for Festivus Planning December 16th?

I’ve already created the poster, event, and food sign up sheet. It’s live.

I just need a few people to say “I’ll help” and we will get this one in the bag.

We are awhile away from the date but everyone knows how fast the holidays bombard our lives and the event will come and go before we know it. Last years party was really fun but it would be nice to get more input from everyone.

Feasts of strength ideas I’ve come up with:
(this looks freakishly horrid) http://shop.paqui.com/Carolina-Reaper-Madness-Chip/p/PAQ-002669&c=Paqui@TortillaChips
Possibly some non-painful games https://www.thechaosandtheclutter.com/archives/family-fun-night-minute-to-win-it

Decisions to make:
Chafing dishes do we purchases for the future
Warm plate also for things in the future
Turkey Fry we have volunteers

2 Likes

Feats of Strength would have to be Cleaning Up Your Own Mess you made.

How about Feats of Great Excuses. This years topic: Why I didn’t clean up and put tools back. There should be some real whoppers.

6 Likes

I’m down to help any way you need, just let me know

I can bring mine up, if I can remember where we put them.

1 Like

I’ll get some prices. There are wire frame type that use heavy foil and then there are the heavy frames that use either the stainless steel pans or the disposal.

I’d recommend the heavy stands and disposable pans - makes cleanup easier but the stands take up as much space either way but heavy stands are less lightly to topple over or bcukle and if we do get the heavier pans later on we’ve got stands.

The ones I have, I got from ace mart. I have fuel for them too. But there are only 2 of them.

1 Like

Didn’t PR acquire some recently?

Fuel is easy. Were looking to get set-ups for DMS as we plan on getting community building going.

Oh Rubeus Regina, how many should your minions be looking for? Full size and half size?

Let s do a gift exchange, we can either do White Elephant or something
we made,

I would suggest doing it by drawing numbers, and letting folks choose, then allow stealing
with rules and limits

What about the airing of the grievances? Oh, wait, that’s what Talk is for.

2 Likes

Ok Kris I have three people who I volen-told that they would be frying a couple of turkeys for the event. We need to find a frying rig for them to borrow. I just don’t see it valuable to buy one.
@Lampy @Nick and Brad (whom I don’t know his talk handle) are going to facilitate the cooking if we can find them a loaner frying rig.

You want to take on the finding of the fry rig?

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out if we should just go ahead and buy them to keep at DMS. That being said - if you find them and are willing to loan them we will use them.

Last year I had people write haikus and we posted them up on the wall. I’m sure we can come up with some different things.

I was joking. I was making light of the vitriol on Talk.

@uglyknees

Thanks for the volun-told. :smile:

I can bring a propane burner, from there we need a very large pot, a rack to pull the turkeys in and out, and a tank of propane.

Something like this would work.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outdoor-gourmet-30-qt-aluminum-pot-kit#repChildCatid=27716

Can support up to a 18lb turkey and runs about $20

Love ya Nick. I’ll make it up to you.

Please tell me at least one of you has done this before, so we know how to avoid this:

Here I thought haiku
are revered for padding posts
poor haiku so abused

I picked them because I felt they would be the best people to set the concrete on fire with. Know your people & always make friends with people who set big things on fire as a hobby.

1 Like

I consider that a complete failure, the turkey stayed in the pot and the guy covered it all in dirt.

My method cooks the turkey in record time and also serves it to everyone standing around. All you have to do is catch the pieces out of the air. I dropped my piece because I was holding the camera, but 5 second rule was in effect.

2 Likes

Just realized that was a play list of frying frozen turkeys. The third video is truly the worst one.

Notice they spray down the grease fire with water. Fire Fighters should know not to do that. The first video was at least correct in throwing dirt on the fire. Come on, we can all make fun of idiots for frying still frozen turkeys with a layer of water on them. But, to make a PSA video and extend the idiocy by also doing your job incorrectly is a new level.

Reminds me of this idiot:

1 Like