Who would be interested in a pyrography (wood burning) class?

Asking for a friend. Twenty characters.

5 Likes

I have been meaning to ask if the space even has a pyrography tool. I would be interested in a class for sure.

2 Likes

There used to be a basic pyrography set in the CA room in that grey multi-drawer thingy near the door, one of the bottom drawers. No clue about the status of the tips.

I’m interested in pyrography, on both wood and leather.

I saw a class in the calendar once, it asked students to have their own wood burning tools ( they’re pretty cheap)

I’d attend a class if I saw it on the calendar bc I have a half finished pyrography project floating around.

1 Like

For anyone following this thread there’s a class on the calendar now, Saturday June 16th at 1pm.

I just signed up, can’t wait to find out what I’ve been doing wrong hahaha

1 Like

We had 3 sets. I’ll check today and post.

1 Like

Thanks to Tim Adair for offering to teach, dunno if he uses talk. I can’t do Saturday but y’all should definitely post some pics on talk

1 Like

Do you guys know of the basic burner from Hobby Lobby is ok for this class? What type of wood are we supposed to bring?

I would assume so that’s the one the space has I believe, found it this morning looking for a bottle cutter. Wood can be the small blanks they sell as well if I’m not mistaken