Who parked their blue van (storage unit) in Makerspace back parking lot?

Somebody please tell the owner of this blue van parked in the middle of the back parking lot to move the van before Saturday. We need that space for racing our cars. The van looks like it is being used as a storage building and it is filled with random items (like office furniture, trash cans and other junk). Even the driver’s seat is filled with stuff.

3 Likes

Fun fact: that’s not even our parking lot. The landlords could tow that whenever they want.

2 Likes

I have scheduled this vehicle to be towed from DMS on Friday. If anyone knows who the owner is could you tell him he needs to remove it off the property.

It has been at DMS since Sept 17th…

Thank You,

4 Likes

I would recommend you contact the landlord and have them tow it, they own the parking lot. I’m not sure there is “Assigned Spaces” in the parking lot. Unless it is blocking access to our loading areas I would let the landlord do this. But that’s just me - take some photos showing stuff stacked on the seats indicating it is not being driven.

1 Like

Yes the landlord is involved in the process.

1 Like

In the spirit of being excellent, someone may want to check with, or suggest to landlord that they check with, our next door neighbors. It’s very possible that if vehicle isn’t associated with a DMS member that it might be with someone from that business/organization.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t it be down by River?

3 Likes

Someone has forgotten where they parked their house…

I met with Allen Wan at DMS this evening and we talked about the blue van. He told me that the owner of the blue van became a DMS member in mid-September (right before the Open House weekend) and was building large tables in the wood workshop. Apparently he parked his blue van (aka. storage unit) in the back parking lot the week after the Open House and it has been there ever since.

the owner of the blue van is NOT THE GUY DOING THE TABLES…

Also just wondering but could the racing space be moved if the van is not?

Run the track under it …think of it as a tunnel. :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone have access to public data? Lookup the owner.

Please understand that this is not our responsibility. The van has been there since the open house, and we are not a storage facility.

2 Likes