Who makes their own tabletop supplies?

Who all makes stuff for their tabletop games?

Miniatures, GM screens, whathaveyou.

I’m currently prepping an aluminum dice holder (as part of getting trained on the HAAS no less).

Cheers,
-Jim

6 Likes

We’re about to play a few sessions of the new 2d20 Conan next month so I made some tokens and counters.

9 Likes

@GTHolkan does. I keep thinking about trying to 3d print a counter for my spell slots in various games but haven’t actually tried to do it yet.

1 Like

I’ve laser cut a couple of prototype Catan boards, and made a tray to hold my X-Wing Miniatures cards, dials, and tokens. I’ve also 3D printed a couple of ship models for X-Wing Miniatures.

3 Likes

I routinely 3d print my figurines and have been putting off casting my own dice years

I’ve made DM screens, storage boxes/organizers, and quite a bit of 40K and Frostgrave tabletop wargaming terrain.

I’ve also made some Print and Play board games and designed cards for card games.

2 Likes

What do you think of the new Kill team stuff from 40k @HankCowdog?

I’ve made a couple trays 3d printed for twilight imperium but that’s board game not tabletop. Been meaning to laser cut some dice towers for my lgs

Hey there’s nothing like having a set of modular walls printed up when Johnson has a team out on a b&e wetwork run.

Of course, cannot forget the ever favorite Heroquest:

I’ve printed a few and @AlexRhodes has printed a LOT more tiles for D&D. There are a few systems out there with 3 different sizes for single tile dimensions: 1.25", 1", and 25mm (because to hell with that silly 25.4mm one!). We’re running with 1.25" because if you add a wall to the edges of the tile (some systems use separate pieces for walls), you can still fit miniatures on the tiles (a 2x2 fully walled off tile can still have 4 (N)PC’s miniatures on it). Then you have to decide on wall height (“half” height is more convenient for seeing what is going on).

The connection system I highly recommend is the spherical magnets. You print bases that hold the magnets so they can freely spin/align and then glue the bases to the tiles. They snap together quickly and easily in a very satisfactory manner it’s great for revealing tiles on the fly while exploring.

2 Likes

I stopped playing 40K a few years back. Still have several armies (CSM, SM, Orks, some tyranids) and a full table of modular cityfight terrain.

I got disheartened when they started moving to larger and larger ($100+ single models).

Haven’t looked at the new Killteam rules but I’ve reached the point where I like smaller skirmish games since the price of entry is lower.

I bought some from http://www.heroshoard.com/true-tiles/ and printed them. They have the half walls which I like. I
have modified some of the ones from thing overseas as well
I like the 1.25 squares because of the spacing for walls like you mentioned.

1 Like

That seems to be what the kill team line is, 100 pt “elite squads” for smaller area battles that are less time consuming. I agree with the ridiculous $100 minis being a barrier although honestly 40k itself is a barrier. I might actually get to try 40k with kill team lol.

I’ve been meaning to see if I could pick your brain on some terrain building stuff, it always slips my mind though. Loved the skull bridge btw

I just started playing DND 5E for the first time. And I am looking at re-upping my membership for this very reason. I am looking at making a low profile collapsable dice tower. And a dice case. I also want to get into making Dice but don’t know where to start.

My group has a hand full of unique trinkets that I thought would be fun to make.

Maybe we can come up with a compelling empire-building game of makerspace intrigue…

1 Like

If you want, next weekend I’m going to try to cast some dice next weekend. You want to partner up?

I’ve been building dungeon tiles out of XPS foam and I’m noodling with some other D&D accessories. I also knocked together an initiative tracking aid with some wooden disks and some spray paint.

2 Likes

When are you planning on doing this?

Probably this Saturday morning

Damn I work Saturdays or I would be there

I might be up for casting some dice. I’ve been looking to do Titanium casting using a redox reaction for some time.