Who is the vice-chair for Software (SDC)?

I know the chair is John Thummel @Narkane but who is the vice-chair?
Is it Ricky Martin?

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

No it is Andrew Borroso

1 Like

Does Andrew know? He said that he was just an emerging tech sig leader.

Someone needs to make an election. That falls on the Chair or Vice-Chair.

I think anyone from that committee can make it actually.
@Team_Software … wait there is no team_software??

err?

Yep they disbanded software dev committee. It’s now emerging tech and last I heard it a sig.

Do you happen to have the minutes?

heh… sure. Check with @andrewboerder.

No, I mean board minutes.

@Draco, Its not like that committee ever bothered with record keeping of any sort from what any of us saw.

Emerging tech is a nice idea and I’ll contribute here and there but I’m not running that nor do I wish to so I’m not going to be the source of truth here. Just passing details that were given to me by both @Narkane and Andrew from being told in the hallways.

Andrew Borroso is going to need to speak up on this one.

(edit, Andrew Borroso is not on talk)

@denzuko, What @Draco is saying is the Board has to Formally dissolve the committee. Not the committee itself. It has to maintain 5 members to be formed as a committee.

Wrong Andrew, the sig leader is Andrew Barroso, the bringer of snacks… I’m unsure if he is on Talk.

no he’s not. I asked him a while back about that when they both told me about this development.

Here in lays the confusion. I think I will schedule an election.

1 Like

Board has to Formally dissolve the committee. Not the committee itself. It has to maintain 5 members to be formed as a committee.

:smiley: yes! I know this, very well. Tell them that. From what been told to me they voted to turn it into a sig last month and that’s where it was left.

Please do or have Andrew get things brought before the board.

I’m trying to stay out of their business out of respect and they really should be stepping up anyways.

The election is scheduled and announced

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/12154

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Fun with Ferrets