Who do I talk to about donations?

Who do I talk to about donating a couple of tools to the wood shop?

3 Likes

@Azalaket :blankspace:

2 Likes

Andrew’s off on a well-earned vacation, but if you want to PM me whatever you’re interested in donating, I have a back channel to get it to him.

Or you can wait for him to get back. Either is fine.

1 Like

I’ve got a Porter Cable Biscuit (plate) joiner and a Leigh Dovetail Jig I give to the space if you want them. I’m not sure of the model on the dovetail jig but it’s about 15 - 20 years and seldom used. It’s either an 18" or 24" and fully adjustable. It does through and blind dovetails. It’s got the bits and instructions in a dovetailed box I made for it. It’s a bit complicated to setup the first time but it makes really nice dovetails.

No rush. You can wait until Andrew is back in town.

2 Likes

The dovetail jig would make a nice replacement for the harbor freight one we have.

We do have the incra dovetail set up but it is missing parts. I have ordered the parts but they said it would be six weeks for some of them 4 weeks ago.

As for the biscuit jointer we currently have a porter cable one, but I’ll leave that to Andrew to decide if we want a second one.

The dovetail jig would be great . The one we have is not capable of through dovetails. I own a 24" Leigh jig and it is very versatile.

3 Likes

I’m going to be up there this afternoon. Can I just drop it off in the wood shop?

If you need a donation form let me know. Take a photo of it for your records.

Thanks for the donation!

I left it on the floor on the far right wall of the wood shop as you walk in. It’s in a wooden box with an envelope on it. Some of the pieces are in a “hidden” compartment underneath the jig itself.

3 Likes