Who did this? (123456789)

77251544_2610779952349658_2742026225504485376_n

Just Kidding! I just couldn’t wait until April’s Fools day.
I’m sure it opened a few eyes. :dizzy_face: cheers!

7 Likes

It is a feature. Now you can route on the drill press.:grinning:

1 Like

If this is a Sears Craftsman drill press then you’d better hurry up and order that replacement part before Sears is out of business.

1 Like

I know they’re on their last legs but has there been some new development that prompted your comment?

They just announced a few days ago more stores closings.
Sears Owner Says It Will Close an Additional 96 Stores by February that’s a third of what’s left which is a fraction of what was there a couple years ago.

Last I checked only 1 store in San Antonio was on the TX list.

I think Rich is referring to the chain finally going from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 straight liquidation. The trend is clearly going that way. If that happens, no telling what will happen with their power tools.

Small hand tools under the Craftsman name are likely to survive, they are already being sold through ACE Hardware stores.

Craftsman hand tools were bought by Stanley Black & Decker in Jan 2017. We have a member who works for Stanley Black & Decker.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sad day. My dad always used Craftsman and seemingly it used to mean something, now it’s just more generic trash.

I’d give them the benefit of the doubt since they are bringing production back to the states.
https://www.americanmanufacturing.org/blog/entry/stanley-black-decker-makes-good-on-its-promise-to-reshore-more-craftsman-pr

2 Likes

I’m glad the Craftsman name will live on. My dad loved Craftsman tools and emphasized to me the importance of quality tools and knowing how to use them. Plus having the right tool for the task. I spent many hours of my childhood with him at Sears and using those tools in the family business. Decades later, I still have my own tools for taking apart computers plus for other tasks there are several sewing machines, sergers plus embroidery machine. Not to mention an amazing array of sewing accoutrements. Right tools for the task.

I don’t care for the Black & Decker version of Craftsman tools. There are currently two lines of tools being sold under the Craftsman name - one by sears and the other by Lowes. They aren’t the same at all. A replacement socket or ratchet or whatever won’t look like it “belongs” with your others. It’s a shame SB&D didn’t stick with the classic styling of the tools.

Before I realized that it wasn’t our table, my blood pressure jumped a fair bit. Once I realized it wasn’t ours, my soul stil hurts that people can be so abusive.

1 Like