Where to get green screen paint

I’m trying to find out what shade of green i need ot pain a floor so that it registers on chroma key. I there a specific brand that you recommend as well?

Please dont hate me for this lol

I already did that, I was more hoping to get people who have more experience than me (RE: everyone) to weigh in so i don’t end up with the wrong shade of green because the google gremlins struck again. Also seeking if there are recommendations on a particular brand

Not a brand, but getting this color should be easy for a paint store:

1 Like

It can be had a various sources but the most accurate and even cost effective is ProCyc

I’ve been in the video production business for 25+ years. The exact shade is really not an issue anymore. The super expensive stuff has been shown to be marginally better, but only BARELY so, due to it’s better scattering of light for a smoother finish.

The color honestly doesn’t really even matter, as all keying software for the past 15+ years can select any color you’d like to key out.

Green still works the best due to the way that the vast majority of cameras and codecs are designed with 4:1:1 , 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 colorspace rendering more pixels in the green color bands, plus the opposition of green to white-people-skin-color on the wheel and the fact that green clothing is fairly rare in comparison to many other colors.

4 Likes
1 Like

Follow up question: should I use flat sheen for the paint?

You want as matte a surface as possible to eliminate specular highlights.

2 Likes